Location: Wilmington, Delaware
We are currently looking for an experienced Pediatric Echocardiography Sonographer, for our location at the DuPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE. This position is Full-Time , Monday - Friday, with call based on department need.
Serve as a Health Care Professional with primary responsibility of patient focused echocardiography service providing high quality patient care.
- Perform pediatric cardiac ultrasound exams (TTE) following a set protocol according to guidelines and standards set by IAC and the American Society of Echocardiography.
- Provides age and developmental appropriate care to infants, children and adolescents.
- Provides clinical assistance to cardiology fellows and students.
- Loads images into Echo PACS system and completes preliminary reports.
- Chooses appropriate procedure code for billing purposes.
- The availability/flexibility to provide on call coverage during weekend hours, weekday off hours and holiday coverage.
- Graduate of an accredited ultrasound training program.
- Successful completion of the physics and technology exams from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or registry eligible. If registry eligible, registration must be obtained within one year of hire.
- American Heart BLS certification, required.
- Registered ARDMS (PE) or CCI required.
- Registered ARDMS (FE) preferred.
- Must be available to travel to satellite locations bases on patient need.