Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers. This position is accountable to provide patient care responsibilities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform reassessments related to delegated interventions, not to include initial shift assessments.
- Notify supervising RN of any change in patient condition in the course of providing delegated interventions at the time the change in patient condition is noted.
- Provide reinforcement to the education given to the patient, family, and/or significant other, to include discharge instructions.
- May not provide initial patient education.
- Administer medications as approved per MWHC policy and provide treatment interventions within the scope of practice as defined within the facility LPN CBOT as delegated by the supervising RN.
- Document data collected, medications administered, and nursing care provided.
- Collaborate with the RN in implementation, evaluation and modification of patient care plan based on collected data.
- Collaborate with the health care team to participate in coordination of services and contribute to the continuous Performance Improvement process.
- Maintain own Competency Notebook. Participates in educational programs and clinical experience to further enhance their nursing practice.
- Interact effectively with patients and families to ensure quality care.
- Follow policies and procedures of the specific unit and the Department of Nursing and supports the hospital and department mission, goals and objectives.
- Maintain ongoing requirements for education and licensure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- LPN license in the State of Virginia.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required.
- Two years experience in nursing preferred.
- Must meet the physical qualifications of the job.
- For LPNs working at Snowden at Fredericksburg - CPI is required within 90 days of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.