Seeking Comprehensive/Cataract Ophthalmologist for Guthrie's growing Specialty Eye Care
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a BC/BE Ophthalmologist focusing on a high volume cataract surgery practice. Our comprehensive team consists of 10 ophthalmologists including Retina, Glaucoma, Oculoplastic, Cornea, Ocular Pathology, Pediatric, Cataract, and General specialties, in addition to support by 9 medical based optometrists.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter - Surgical Services, Guthrie Medical Group. email@example.com or call at 607.426.6009 (cell/text welcome).
Guthrie has a strong corporate balance sheet and an A+ Standard & Poors bond-rating. Guthrie continues to invest in patient services, as evidenced by expanding our facilities in the Corning/Elmira and Ithaca/Cortland markets. The new Cortland Cancer Center opened this fall. The harbor-front multispecialty facility in Ithaca represents a $31 million investment and is on track for a Spring 2022 opening. We continue to expand services and to grow our provider complement as evidenced by signing over 100 providers in FY21.
Highlights of the Position
- Well-established, high volume Practice
- Ophthalmic and optometric referral base spanning over 7 counties in the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania and Southern Tier of New York
- Emergency call rotation of 1:9 (call is 1 week out of every 9 weeks)
- Dedicated team of support staff, including ophthalmic and diagnostic technicians
- State-of-the-art operating rooms designed specifically for Ophthalmology
- Dedicated operating support team with established "On Call Eye Team"
- Clinical support of highly trained and experienced medical Optometrists
- Access to all diagnostics, lab services, and vast multi-specialty group of providers throughout Guthrie
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies.
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie's General Surgery Residency offers the opportunity for clinical academic appointment. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.