Location: Stony Point, New York
The Practice Administrator manages the daily administrative practice operations within the Bon Secours Charity Medical Group practices to provide the highest quality of services to patients in a hospital-based, community-based, or private-based practice care setting. Additionally, this position provides oversight and training in all areas of day to day practice operations and resources utilization.
- Serves as a liaison between Practitioners and office staff to coordinate successful delivery of care and services.
- Reviews correspondence, memoranda, and routine reports and communicates and distributes as appropriate to the staff.
- Ensures practice is open and operating during scheduled business hours, and ensures telephones are covered, and transferred as appropriate for off-hours.
- Ensures adequate clinical and business office supplies are maintained; maintaining appropriate inventory while assisting with cost control by seeking the most cost-effective products without forfeiting quality.
- Ensures delivery of supplies, and that invoices match what was delivered.
- Organizes day-to-day activity of department for the practice.
- Responsible to assure compliance for regulatory, accreditation and system process.
- Discusses the requirements for pre-surgery (cardiac clearance, lab work, etc); if applicable to patients.
- Assists in financial management of practice, by reviewing monthly reports, helping to identify opportunities, and providing assistance for any plans to meet fiscal goals.
- Follows all established policy for A/R Management.
- Ensures staff is trained and accountable for all A/R tasks within practice.
- Helps ensure collection ratio for practice collections is maintained.
- Coordinates scheduling of staff within the office and arranges for back-up staff when necessary.
Two to five years of administrative experience in a private physician office or other healthcare setting. * Knowledge of ambulatory care; background in clinic procedures including schedule management, registration, use of electronic medical records, patient flow, billing, referrals and authorizations
Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.