Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2205021453-0
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
2. Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient (i.e., Dynamap, cardiac monitor, oximeter).
3. Demonstrates decision making process and ability to recognize priorities and resolve appropriately.
4. Documents initial and discharge assessments in a timely manner. Documents vital signs on face sheet.
5. Takes initiative with new procedures.
6. Gives verbal and written discharge instructions with appropriate referrals as needed.
7. Demonstrates appropriate patient and family teaching.
8. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual
9. Anticipates patient and physician needs (i.e., draws lab, obtains specimens, orders X-rays).
10. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
11. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
12. Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
13. Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in patient's condition. Follows through with nursing action and reports changes to appropriate person (i.e., charge nurse and physician).
14. Gives and received report at shift change, breaks, and anytime called away from assigned areas for extended period of time.
15. Completes required reports and forms accurately in a timely manner before end of shirt (i.e., charges, medical records deficiencies).
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
16. Assists team members and supervisors freely as required.
17. Appropriately follows chain of command.
18. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
19. Updates skills and knowledge and attends hospital nursing.
20. Updates skills and knowledge and attends hospital in-services and GI seminars.
1 =0/yr 2 = 1-2/yr 3 = 3/yr
21. Acts as preceptor after one year clinical experience and attendance at preceptor class.
1 = Has not
2 = Accepts
3 = Provides Evals, Recommendations, or Resources Information
22. Accepts and completes daily nursing assignments in a positive manner (i.e., stock supplies and checks equipment and narcotics).
23. Ensures that equipment is maintained in a safe place and clean manner; notifies appropriate department when equipment is not working.
24. Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
25. Modifies work schedules as required by department. Adjusts schedules as needed by the GI census.
26. Point of care testing
Minimum Education: Knowledge and education necessary to obtain California RN licensure and Current California R.N. license.Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification required.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.