DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision, as assigned, and according to established procedures assists nursing and technical staff in screening and preparing patients for exams and performs a variety of moderately to highly complex patient registration duties for the designated Radiology department or ambulatory Imaging Center.
As assigned: registers and schedules patient for exams, obtains insurance, medical and demographic data; performs and coordinates the patient registration activities including pre-registration, insurance verification including verification of benefit levels with various third party payors, appointment confirmation, verification of all demographic and referring physician information; assists in PACS/RIS and patient information management coordination to ensure completeness, accuracy and integrity and resolution of daily operational issues including matching and retrieval of images and reports; interacts with technologist and radiology nursing staff in order to ensure the completion of all appropriate paperwork, assists with entry of appropriate diagnosis coding and other information related to diagnostic procedures in order to ensure billing accuracy; interacts with customers/stakeholders to provide/distribute appropriate exam results in a timely and accurate manner; maintains patient charts and films as appropriate and assists with data collection activities required by administration and other outside agencies.
Under direct supervision assists with all aspects of patient care and preparation in the Radiology Department.
Responsibilities include: assists in preparing patients for diagnostic x-ray exams by positioning, lifting and moving the patient, marks x-ray cassettes or plates with patient demographics as well as monitoring the patient when needed, enters patient demographic information into the computer (RIS) and tracks patient information.
Answers phones and schedules patients as needed, processes and tracks film jackets and distributes films, performs inventory management and maintenance, performs patient prep and monitoring with non-radiographic equipment (IV pumps, special beds, suction, pulse oximeters,etc).
Prepares diagnostic contrast media for procedures, starts IV's and performs venipuncture.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. On the job training or related previous experience to acquire skills in screening and preparing patients for exams. Some college preferred.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing or certified Nurse Assistant Program or a Medical Assistant Program or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
3. Six to twelve months of related computer/information management experience required.
4. Knowledge of infection control, aseptic techniques, and universal precautions.
5. BCLS certification highly desirable.
6. Knowledge of Medical Terminology highly desirable.
1. Good analytical and observational problem-solving skills.
2. Mathematical ability to perform calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division etc.
3. Ability to adapt to new technologies used in the work environment.
4. Good reading, writing and comprehension skills in order to understand, effectively communicate and contribute to procedures, processes, orders, methods and standards.
5. Demonstrates willingness to make a meaningful contribution to the work environment as evidenced through behavior and attitude.
6. Clerical skills to perform moderately to highly complex duties, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Advanced computer skills and experience to enter, retrieve, and manage data to/from radiology information systems and PACS network, and for word processing and/or spreadsheets as necessary.
7. High degree of interpersonal and/or communication skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to coordinate the flow of work productively and to effectively communicate sensitive or confidential information with physicians, various hospital/clinic personnel and patients.
8. A strong commitment to the DMC customer service standards.
9. Knowledge of medical terminology and radiology highly desirable
Job: Imaging and Radiology
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.