YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Clinical Research Coordinator I – (Non-RN) at AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, Orlando, 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: FT Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Execute and coordinate the informed consent process for AdventHealth Research Institute participants in clinical trials and research studies across multiple locations. This may require travel between sites and research laboratories, and/or the use of technology.
· Responsible for all aspects of research conducted including patient screening, assessing eligibility, and coordinating the participation and follow-up of volunteers placed on research studies, trials, and programs.
· Coordinate research participant recruitment and consenting for the therapeutic areas they serve
· Provision of concierge level service for all patient facing interactions during the course of clinical trials and research studies
· Coordinate or perform biospecimen collection (i.e. blood, tissue) and maintain HIPAA protected database connecting patient information to biospecimens used in research; perform patient chart review and data collection.
· Collaborative interaction with Clinical Research nursing staff, Research Services, laboratory teams, hospital departments, and physician offices, to ensure ongoing regulatory and protocol compliance.
· Through collaboration with assistant clinical coordinators, ensures compliant data entry/data mining into registries, patient records, and research specific database systems.
· Assists Principal Investigators and research staff in the development of compliant research protocols and other control documents.
· Serves as the study-specific point of contact for participants, investigators, research staff, hospital departments and external research partners.
· Collaborate with clinical research supervisors and staff to implement standard operating procedures (SOP) for the Institutes research division intended to meet standards. Ensures all patient-facing activities are compliant with clinical research standards and AHRI procedures.
· Maintain sensitivity to cost containment measures by conserving hospital supplies, equipment, and human resources while overseeing proposed project budgets from internal and external funding sources.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced clinical or research environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously, effectively, and in an organized and timely manner
· Knowledge of HIPAA data protection and patient advocacy or similar awareness of ethical treatment of participants in research
· Ability to communicate effectively with research participants, investigators, research staff and external partners.
· Ability to apply analytical approach to problem solving, obtain and analyze facts, and apply sound judgement.
· Ability to accept direction and respond to the changing needs of clinical research units
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet knowledge and skill
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Research, or related field with no experience or
· Associates degree in Healthcare Administration, Research, or related field and two (2) years’ experience or
· Graduate of an accredited allied health certificate program with four (4) years of clinical research or healthcare experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Specialized knowledge of the unique needs of patients in the assigned therapeutic areas undergoing treatment
· Specialized knowledge of assigned therapeutic areas as it relates to research and clinical trials.
· One to two years skill in human life sciences/biomedical research; physiological, cellular, biochemical, or molecular biology
· Bilingual (English/Spanish
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Research, or related fiel
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) (per the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA))
· Other certification as applicable to clinical degree or program (i.e. medical assistant, medical technician, phlebotomy
The Clinical Research Coordinator I (Non-RN) is involved in all aspects of research conducted including patient screening, assessing eligibility, and coordinating the care and follow-up of volunteers placed on research studies, trials, and programs. Specific activities to include: Research participant recruitment and consenting for the therapeutic areas they serve, provision of concierge level service for all patient facing interactions during the course of clinical trials and research studies, and the coordination of biospecimen collection (i.e. blood, tissue) through collaborative interaction with Clinical Research nursing staff, laboratory teams, hospital departments to ensure ongoing regulatory and protocol compliance.
Through collaboration with research assistants and/or clinical coordinators, ensures compliant data entry/data mining into registries, patient records, and research specific database systems. Assists Principal Investigators and research staff in the development of compliant research protocols and other control documents. Serves as the study-specific clinical point of contact for participants, investigators, research staff, hospital departments and external research partners. Actively participates in outstanding customer service.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.